Wednesday 16 December 2009

New tings

Greetings intrepid internet explorer and welcome to my schlog. Im not going to attempt to describe what it will entail as it has no particular aim for now aside from a way of recording things that appear to hold some significance in this little sphere of perception that is my life.

2010 is just around the corner, what it will hold for us all is uncertain but I can quite confidently predict that I will STILL not have a hoverboard, a fact that both disturbs and irritates me profusely.

As I lost my camera recently with all the work I was hoping to eventually upload to the interwebs I have nothing to contribute for now except some of my dear friends and inspirational figures own blogs which I regularly peruse and hope that you will too.

In no particular order;




Many moons ago when I worked for Tag charity campaigns in the beautiful Finsbury Park area I had the pleasure of working with Mr. Dan Hillier, a true modern gentleman in every sense. His sketchbooks online were one of the things that inspired me to stop looking at and admiring art and to get involved in it myself and I am very grateful for this. Dan currently has a solo show running until the 6th January at First Out coffee shop, 52 St Giles St, Covent Garden and the Diamond Geezer image above is viewable at the exciting looking MuTate (nearest tube station Ladbroke Grove).
-------------------






Next up, one of my oldest friends in the 'burbs, Alan Harford runs tings at TheStableLondon.
Its a great insight into the world of a young man making his way through the world of commercial design for web and print. Witness his trials and tribulations and see him overcome his dilemmas!
----------------------







UnderwaterTiger is a blog dedicated to the listening habits of my good friend Tom Skyrme and his buddy Teej. According to their blurb its "...an independent Brighton, UK based internet publication devoted to independent music news, reviews, interviews and free music downloads." This doesnt do it justice, its an awesome place to find music you didn't know you should be listening to and keep abreast of stuff you should already know. Go check it out and when you're done check their own musical musings out, thank you please.
--------------------


The delightful Rebecca Jane Callaby has a relatively new blog with awesome horizontal scrolling presentation here



She has a great project about peoples obsessive collections; from hats to guns to pez dispensers and there is a great sense of atmosphere and nostalgia in her snaps. A future star in the making for sure :)
------------------------

Last and certainly not least for this update, BARE NOIZE! 
They've only been working as a trio since August but they are not resting on the fact that they've already had support from some of the biggest names in the dubstep scene and had their unique brand of bowel-moving bass music played on 1xtra and countless pirate stations. I fully rate these guys and am proud to see them reppin our ends so spectacularly!


So thats yer lot for now! Check back for my next update when I will be posting much, much more of the stuff that floats my boat and with any luck some of my own creations! Props to everyone Ive shouted out to on here, hope there was no problem with using your images!!

No comments: